CCHS Scrip Program
A win-win fundraiser program has launched at Wheeling Central -- the newly expanded Scrip Program.
“We’re very excited about the Scrip Program,” said Principal Joe Viglietta. “It not only benefits our Tuition Assistance Program but also gives participating families the chance to earn discounts on their child’s tuition.”
Beginning March 1, anyone can buy “scrip” (which means “substitute money”) from CCHS for any participating local or national retailer and receive a direct benefit through tuition credits for their child(ren) or those of families they designate.
The national Scrips Program is the product of the Great Lakes Scrip Center located in Kentwood, MI. Often called the “shopping cart fundraiser” it allows non-profit organizations to benefit from purchases their members/customers would have made anyway from favorite national retailers like Walmart, JC Penney, Kohl’s, American Airlines, and many, many more.
As the program grows and develops, Central will maintain more and more of your favorite Scrip cards in-stock. Until then, however, some cards you may wish to purchase may not be immediately available for pick-up. Orders for those cards are placed every Monday and will be ready for pick up the following Friday (8 a.m.-2 p.m.).
Our list of local Scrip retailers continues to grow. We thank the following businesses for their recent Scrip donations to our in-stock inventory:
- Bleifus Tire Service (Linda Weaver)
- Generations Restaurant (Mike Duplaga)
- Heavenly Ham (Rick Payne)
- Pampered Chef (Karen Nixon)
- Hole ‘N Run (Floyd Shuler)
- Salsa Café (James Tiu)
- Ye Olde Alpha (Charlie Schlegel)
If you own a local business and want to provide scrips for our program, please contact Joyce for more information.
Easy Steps to Ordering Scrips
- To see a list of all the available national retailers participating in Scrip, please visit www.glscrip.com/retailerlist/index.aspx or contact Joyce Wolfe at (304) 233-1660.
- In-stock cards will be left for customers to pick up at Central’s main office or can be sent home via your CCHS student. (For large orders of $500 or more, special delivery arrangements may be made.
- All Scrip card orders that are not in-stock will be available for pick-up on Fridays (8 am to 2 pm), provided the order has been placed (and paid for) by the previous Monday.
Tuition rebates will be automatically applied to family accounts three times during the academic year (September, January and May).
Customers who do not have students enrolled at CCHS may designate a family to receive the earned tuition rebate or can have their rebate applied to our general Tuition Assistance Program, which benefits one-third of CCHS families. (Earned discounts will not be paid as cash to customers.)
Families can purchase Scrip year-round from CCHS by contacting Joyce Wolfe at (304) 233-1660.